One Voice for the community to achieve health equity through advocacy, education, collaboration, and promotion of shared resources.
The goal of the Office of Health Equity Hillsborough County is to implement practice-based chronic disease community programs that promote policy, organizational, systems and environmental community change. This initiative will serve to:
1. Promote physical activity and nutrition
2. Reduce tobacco use and exposure
3. Build capacity for communities to be able to institute systems, environmental, organizational and policy changes related to these health risk factors
4. Foster improved and increased access to quality care
5. Help eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities
6. Reduce complications from and incidence of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity
The intervention area covers all of Hillsborough County, Florida.